Wednesday 20 February 2008

Excitement abated ...

Someone has popped my balloon. Someone, let us call him TweedleO, has threatened more violence (my words, not his) if agreement over solving the political deadlock isn't found within a week.

He actually threatened mass protests, but we all know what this leads to, don't we?

But it looks as if the other protagonist, TweedleK is happy for more Kenyans to be killed and the economy ruined even further.

And the Mungiki has reared its ugly head by apparently threatening the life of Nobel peace laureate Wangari Maathai. Funny, I thought both she and the Mungiki were Kikuyu.

But then, she has been calling for compromises - oh what a silly idea. No wonder her life has been threatened!

So, if it is going to happen, the violence will erupt just as I arrive. Well, it's too late now. I am travelling economy and cannot change or cancel my ticket.

No comments: