Friday 11 July 2008

I've been what?!!?

The other day, my favourite blogger, Lost White Kenyan Chick, AKA Mzungu Chick (no relation) was tagged with a UU by another famous blogger, Bell of 'Diary of a Housewife'.

What is a UU? Well, to quote Mzungu Chick, this is how it goes:-

The UU must list the three things their husband (or wife) (or significant other!) (could be a pet, in lieu of all of the above.) (no pet? got a plant?) (if you have none of the above, you should go get one.) knows about them. The rules of this UU are that at the end of the post, the player then tags a randomly chosen number of people and posts their blog names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged. The comment must end with the word 'pthththth'.

Huh?

Now, I have a problem. The nearest I have to a significant other is my girlfriend. She lives in Malindi - and I live in the UK, about 4,500 miles apart, and we communicate by SMS or email only, and not regularly at that.

Unlike MC, I don't have an 8-year-old to interrogate and the dog looked at me as if I was mad (no change there, then!).

So, I asked my mother. It took a while to explain what a UU was, but then, she is 86 years old, and doesn't really understand, or want to understand computers, let alone blogging.

Anyway, Mum thought for a couple of moments and then rattled off a list of things. This is a precis:

  1. I love Kenya
  2. I want to help any waif or stray that crosses my path
  3. I am too soft for my own good.

The list could have gone on for another page, but basically, Mum thinks that my life revolves around Kenya ...

Hmmm! Can't argue with that.

Well, that wasn't too painful. I am sure that Mum could have found other, less favourable things to say about me - she has known me for 58 years.

As for tagging other bloggers, looking at my list of blogs that I read, and looking at Mzungu Chick's 'FAB LINKS' I see that I don't have any links that MC hasn't already UU'd.

So ... pthththth to nobody in particular.

I reserve the right to tag someone in the future if I find a blog that deserves it.

No comments: