Sunday 24 January 2010

Bucket List

I was talking to a friend yesterday about my fantasy/project/dream to drive from my home in the UK to my "home" in Kenya. He thought I was mad, and he is probably not too far from the truth.

Then he said it was one of my "bucket list". My face must have shown my confusion so he explained that it is one of the things i want to do before I kick the bucket (wherever did that phrase come from?).

That got me thinking. Apart from this little overland jaunt through Europe, a corner of Asia and about half-way down Africa, I asked myself what else should be on my bucket list - things I want to do before I die?

Well, I want to see the residential bit of Twiga Children's Centre built and occupied, but I can think of little else I want to do, other than to continue to travel to Kisii on a regular basis, or maybe even settle there one day.

I would like to travel to the Far East, but it is not a burning passion, so that doesn't count.

OK, so maybe there are things I want to own before I die, but I can't think of anything at the moment.

So, either I am very boring (or easily pleased) or my life so far has been very fulfilling

Maybe you have something (or a list of somethings) you want to do before you die. Let me know in the comments.


Your ideas may inspire me.

No comments: